Procedures and accommodations to comply with New York State Re-opening guidelines. The safety of our customers and employees is our first priority.
The store is set to re-open on Tuesday, June 2nd. Here is what you need to know...
The safety of our customers and staff is our number one priority. In addition to providing hand sanitizer and asking all of our customers and employees to wear masks, we're also implementing other precautions.
The new store hours will be as follows; Monday through Saturday, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, and closed on Sundays. We will be limiting the amount of customers in the store to six at one time, but no appointments during our regular store hours will be necessary. We will have a red light/green light sign on the front door. When the sign is green, that will mean that you're welcome to come into the store at that time. If the sign is red, we ask that you please wait until it is switched back to green before entering. Masks will be required at all times.
We will be offering special shopping hours for those of you who would prefer to shop before the store opens. These will be available each week on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9:00 to 10:00 AM. Each appointment time will be for 30 minutes, and we will be allowing only 2 customers in the store during those times. To select a day/time, please email us at buffalostamps.com with your 1st and 2nd choice of times. (If you think that you need longer to shop, please sign up for 2 time slots so that we are able to accommodate you).
- Store hours will be 10am to 3pm Monday through Saturday. We will be closed on Sunday.
- All counters, cash registers, phones and charge machines will be wiped down at the beginning and end of the day along with once an hour, or after each customer.
- Tape lines will be placed on the floor in front of the register for customers in line for check-out.
- Social Distancing will be practiced in the store.
- A Sanitizer Station is at the front entrance of the store. Customers will be required to make use of the sanitizer station upon entering.
- All employees and customers are required to wear protective face coverings or masks while in the store. If a customer does not wear a mask upon entering the store they will be given a mask to wear and be charged for it. If a customer refuses to wear a mask he/she will be denied entry.
- A sign will be posted on the front door informing customers of our mask policy.
- The number of customers allowed into the store at any given time is not to exceed six (6).
- In order to keep the maximum number of customers from exceeding six, a “Red Light, Green Light” system will be established at the front door. If the sign on the door is ‘GREEN’ a customer may enter the store. If the sign is ‘RED’, a potential new customer must wait until someone exists the store and the sign is changed to ‘GREEN’ before they may enter. The ‘Red Light-Green Light’ sign will be visible from the parking lot.
- A plastic shield will be put in place in front of the cash register and covering a portion of the front counter.
- We will have ‘Appointment Hours’ twice a week for customers who are uncomfortable being with others or at high risk to shop on their own. Days, hours and instructions for signing up will be posted on the store’s website and blog. Appointment hours will be subject to change or suspension at the discretion of the store owner for the safety of employees and customers.
- Our On-Line store will continue to operate independent of the store hours.
- Our in-store bathroom will only be available to employees and customers upon request. Anyone using the bathroom will be required to sanitize the toilet seat and sink area after each use.
- Returns or exchanges will not be accepted until further notice.